The firm provides regular advice on Greek labor law issues and labour relations in general, and represents an increasing number of legal entities and individuals before the Greek courts on labor law issues. The firm provides advice to major multinational groups, particularly on matters of re-structuring and reorganizing their workforce and to individuals (primarily company executives) about labor disputes. The Legal 500 ranks our firm among those recommended in this field.
Recent issues handled by the firm:
- Monitoring and handling of all labor issues on behalf of multinational and domestic companies. Illustrative examples are a foreign dairy product multinational, the second largest car hire multinational, the largest multinational laptop retailer in terms of volume and recently one of the leading multinational airlines.
- We regularly provide advice on drafting employment and independent contractor agreements but also more complex ones, such as drafting consent forms to make sure the transfer of the employees’ personal data outside EU is lawful.
- We have experience concerning the legislation on changes in employer (in other words information and advice in the event of any transfer or continuation of a business under a new employer), acquisitions, mergers and other forms of business re-engineering.
- Our firm supports a multinational client on the application of the general principles of corporate governance and trading ethics to companies and in general in relation to codes of conducts towards employees.
- Out-of-court settlement of a labour dispute between a large food industry and a senior executive, who was represented by the firm with the payment of considerable compensation for terminating the labour relationship with our client (which according to many was the highest compensation ever paid in Greece).
- We recently advised the company how it should form its employment agreements in order to comply with Greek legislation. We have also recently advised the company on data protection issues having to do with employees.